Call For Paper Volume:5 Issue:7 Jul'2018 |

An experimental study on partial replacement of cement with eggshells powder and aggregates with coconut shells

Publication Date : 20/03/2018


DOI : 10.21884/IJMTER.2018.5062.LGV92

Author(s) :

v.haripriya , k.bulliraju , k.bhuvaneswari , p.v.ragavendra , k. anil chowdary.


Volume/Issue :
Volume 5
,
Issue 3
(03 - 2018)



Abstract :

In the construction, the cost of building materials are raising day by day, use of alternative material is a partial replace of coarse aggregate in solving part of natural aggregate and partial replacement of cement. The waste materials are used such as coconut shells, eggshells powder, cockle shell, periwinkle shell, foundry sand etc. So here in our project we will use coconut shells waste as replacement of coarse aggregate and eggshells powder as replacement of cement by different percentage for making concrete of different grade like M-20 with a ratio of proportion (1:1.5:3). Concrete made from coconut shells waste as coarse aggregate and eggshells powder as cement will be studied for compressive strength, tensile strength, and flexural strength, the percentage replacement will be 0%, 5%, 10%, 15% with natural coarse aggregate. The main ingredient in eggshells is calcium carbonate (the same brittle white stuff that chalk, limestone, cave stalactites, sea shells, coral, and pearls are made of). The shell itself is about 95% CaCo3 (which is also the main ingredient in sea shells). The remaining 5% includes Magnesium, Aluminium, Phosphorous, Sodium, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Ironic acid and Silica acid. So replacement they both eggshells powder and coconut shells on a concrete. Then prepare cubes, cylinder and test the cubes by experimentally like compression test, finally slump test, tensile strength test, split tensile strength test and flexural strength test will be conducted to obtain the results. The use of eggshells powder and coconut shells in concrete reduces the cost of raw materials with high strength durability and light weight of concrete. A large number of trial mixes are required to select desired optimum replacement of aggregate by coconut shells and cement by eggshells powder waste material. So in our concept of the project is replacing the coconut shells and eggshells powder on concrete to achieve the required strength of concrete.


No. of Downloads :

6


Indexing

Web Design MymensinghPremium WordPress ThemesWeb Development

An experimental study on partial replacement of cement with eggshells powder and aggregates with coconut shells

March 12, 2018